Kopo Kopo, Inc.
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Founded: Thursday 12th August 2010
- Website: http://www.kopokopo.com
Note: Kopo Kopo, Inc is a US Delaware C Corporation with a Branch in Kenya (was not an option in the drop down box). Kopo Kopo offers a software-as-a-service mobile payment gateway that enables small and medium enterprises in East Africa to integrate their management systems with mobile money systems. The service is available for a low subscription fee and is largely do-it-yourself. Kopo Kopo was initially formed in order to help microfinance institutions and SACCOs leverage mobile money to extend robust financial services to their customers via a more convenient, affordable channel. After much business mentoring, however, Kopo Kopo has expanded its scope in order to serve the broader SME market in addition to MFIs and SACCOs (e.g. super markets, retail outlets, hospitals, etc). Kopo Kopo aims to be the leading mobile payment gateway throughout Sub-Saharan Africa by 2015.
Name: Kopo Kopo Platform
Description: Kopo Kopo offers a software-as-a-service that enables Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Sub-Saharan Africa to affordably integrate with mobile money systems (e.g. Safaricom M-Pesa, Airtel Money). Kopo Kopo is the first company to offer this service on a subscription basis and is positioning itself to be the leading mobile money payment gateway in sub-Saharan Africa. The Kopo Kopo platform is written in Ruby on Rails and sits on Amazon Web Services. It connects to mobile money systems and management information systems via an array of integration options, depending on the capacity of the systems involved.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am