Virtual Community Manager2
- Company: Nabad Dood
- Deadline: Wednesday 25th May 2011
- Location: Nairobi or USA
Nabad Doon is a dynamic social website for Somali youth, the voice of change for a new generation of Somalis. Nabad Doon is an online community and space where youth can express themselves creatively through responding to challenges our sponsors pose for building a better Somali community.
In response to the positive themed challenges, participants submit their ideas (via text or pictures). Participants can get prizes for getting involved and for winning challenges. The community manager will oversee and manage the community made up of Somali youth. They will be guides for community members, and will work with the website supervisor to keep track of what’s going on and where things are going. If you have a passion for people and positive messages, comfortable with dynamic online activity, and speak both English and Somali, you are a good candidate for applying. We will provide some basic training on how to use the technical platform and make sure you’re prepared to answer questions and encourage the community.
- Kenya (x1): Near Nairobi
- United States (x1): Anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Provides one-on-one attention to and resolves issues outside of the community setting
- Monitors public opinion of the community in order to gauge participant satisfaction and engagement
- Monitors and responds (as needed) to threads and participant ideas
- Announces new features and encourages participants by commending their accomplishments. Also,
- engages with participants and facilitates conversation in the community.
- Routes requests to the right people within the organization
- Keeps track of vibrations from the community, Facebook and other sources to sense the slightest
- disturbances in the relationship between the website sponsor and participants
- Always on the look Looks out for spammers, cheaters, and transgressors and ready to respond
- (especially those violating the terms of service)
- Provides [daily/weekly/millennial] reports to project manager daily
- Translates Somali content into English (short comments posted)
- Must be 18 or over.
- Fluent in English and Somali
- Excellent communication skills
- 8 hour shifts daily for 75 days (tentatively from June – August)
- Access to Internet
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media platforms (like Facebook)
- Blogging, online publishing or editing experience preferred
- Passionate about the [insert mission]
How to apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Community Manager. You can also send a resume or a description of your experience. We are eager to hire someone as soon as possible for that period of time.
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:01pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:01pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:01pm
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:01pm