ICT Research Assistant1
- Company: iHub Research
- Deadline: Monday 16th September 2013
- Location: Nairobi
iHub Research is a technology research center under iHub, Narobi’s Innovation Center. Focusing on research centered on governance, entrepreneurship, innovation, and business. We strive to encourage the growth of high-quality research in East Africa.
iHub Research is currently seeking for a qualified ICT researcher to assist in leading, organizing, researching and reporting on entrepreneurship and innovation related projects. This contract will run for a period of 4-6 months, with a possibility of long term extension.
The candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
Main job tasks/responsibilities:
1. Learning and understanding existing frameworks created across ICT ecosystems
2. Assist in conducting thorough literature review and systematic documentation
3. Planning and coordination of activities required to a specific project
4. Develop and design methodologies that will be required in each study context
5. Conduct data collection and data entry with the assistance of a research assistant in the Hub
6. Preparing budgets and action plans for each Hub study
7. Assist in identifying potential funding opportunities/grants for the project
8. Attending events, presenting and communicating on the entrepreneurship and innovation research to key stakeholders, Hubs, entrepreneurs, among other avenues
9. Work closely with the Research Assistants to make sure the project timelines and goals are achieved at the end of each study
10. Analyze and reporting of findings
Education & expertise:
● Minimum of a degree in IT, computer science, innovation, or a related field
● Experience in tech related business will be an added advantage
● At least 1 year experience in research and writing proposals and reports related to ICT and entrepreneurship
● Conversant with ICT trends in Africa and vast knowledge on the ICT hubs ecosystem
● A master in entrepreneurship or science-related field is a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Great personality
● Self-driven and passionate about ICT and development
● Team player
● Strong leadership skills
● Ability to make strategic decisions that will lead to the success of the project
● Innovative and creative
● Result oriented
● Ability to multi-task
How to apply
Send your CVs and a cover letter through this email firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly, remember to indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 024/ICT RESEARCHER ASSISTANT). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO. and job title will be automatically disqualified.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.
iHub Research is an equal opportunity employer.
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm