Field Research Assistant1
- Company: iHub Research
- Deadline: Monday 9th September 2013
- Location: Nairobi
iHub Research is a technology research center under iHub, Narobi’s Innovation Center. Focusing on research centered on governance, entrepreneurship, innovation, and business. We strive to encourage the growth of high-quality research in East Africa.
Pay scale: 1,300 Ksh/day plus all expenses covered including travel, accommodation, and meals. If short-listed, youwill be required to start immediately on a full time basis. Kindly, do not apply if you cannot make it for this interview and commit full time for the 15 days.
We are currently seeking attentive to detail, proficient, good note takers and persons who can articulate themselves. The hired field research assistants, will be reporting to the Research Project Manager and working closely with the Research Leads on conducting face-to-face and focus group interviews with entrepreneurs in Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate with entrepreneurs and stakeholders from various ICT backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to make people feel at ease and comfortable talking freely with you
- Training in Community Development or relevant training
- Note taking and fast typing skills
- At least one year relevant work or internship experience in a position where teamwork and presentations was an important aspect of the job
- Experience in research, especially interviews and fieldwork.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google docs
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, follow directions, be prompt, and work independently.
Education & expertise:
- At least a Bachelor degree in Business or Information Technology
- At least 1 year experience in field research and ICT related research
- Conversant with ICT and tech entrepreneurship trends will an added advantage
- Experience in data analysis tools e.g. SPSS will be a plus
How to apply
Positions open as of 4th September 2013
Applications close on 9th September 2013
Start Date: As soon as possible t 2013
Contract length: 15 days
Vacancies: 1 available position
Send your CVs and a cover letter through this email email@example.com. Kindly, remember to indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 022/FIELD RESEARCH ASSISTANT). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO. and job title will be automatically disqualified.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.
- iHub Research is an equal opportunity employer
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Friday 7th March 2014 8:06pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Friday 7th March 2014 8:06pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Friday 7th March 2014 8:06pm
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Friday 7th March 2014 8:06pm