JAVA WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER2
- Company: mFieldwork LTD
- Deadline: Monday 30th December 2013
- Location: Naiorbi
mFieldwork is a growing Nairobi based technology start-up providing remote management solutions to humanitarian and development organizations.
mFieldwork is looking for both a junior and senior JAVA Web Application Developer to join our dynamic team. Successful candidates will be responsible for building new functions for the mFieldwork platform and making adjustments and improvements to our existing platform. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for clean code, and will be able to get up to speed quickly.
• Able to translate user requirements into architecture;
• Creates clean well documented code following best practice;
• Experience coding in Java and using java applets;
• Willing to learn new technologies, frameworks and languages as required;
• Experience with github or equivalent repository system;
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks;
• Thorough understanding of relational databases, particularly mysql;
• Knowledge of web application frameworks such as Richfaces, Primefaces or JSF;
• Knowledge of call back technology such as jQuery or A4J;
• Knowledge of web application frameworks such as Spring or Seam;
• Knowledge of testing and debugging methodologies;
• Curious and self-driven to research solutions and optimal ways of solving issues;
• Experience with agile development methodologies;
• Experience building APIs;
Candidates for the junior post should have demonstrated experience creating basic java web applications. Candidates for the senior post should have demonstrated experience creating complex java web applications; application architecture and managing teams.
mFieldwork offers a competitive salary. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that are committed to changing how organizations collect and manage their information in remote environments. Candidates must be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
How to apply
Interested candidates may submit their CV, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject of the message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Sunday 9th March 2014 2:15am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Sunday 9th March 2014 2:15am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Sunday 9th March 2014 2:15am
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Sunday 9th March 2014 2:15am