Chief I.T. Officer (Information Systems)1
- Company: Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
- Deadline: Friday 10th June 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited is looking for suitable candidates to fill the above position.
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Information Communication Technology Manager, the job is responsible for overseeing the functional and technical development and support of the SAP R/3 ERP System as well as all other application software. The role involves planning and providing end user application support and development with the ability to communicate with the business about issues and resolutions as well as performing testing to assure that developed products meet business objectives.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the overall system development team.
- Work with the business users to define business requirements, determine the best system solutions and implement them.
- Integrate various enterprise systems to derive maximum value and enhance systems optimal utilization.
- Define, scope, initiate, implement and monitor system/process enhancements, configurations, interfaces, new solutions and projects to address business needs.
- Identify reporting requirements and generate reports to support business line requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert in at least one SAP/R3 technical or functional area, as well as technical knowledge of all phases of project management, requirements analysis and programming.
- Provide pre and post go-live SAP support and train end users.
- Any other duties assigned by the ICTM.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized University.
- SAP, ABAP/functional Certification is mandatory.
- Good communicator, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of software testing practices, business process analysis skills, ERP implementation experience.
- Five (5) years experience of SAP or other ERP support.
- Be a team player, able to supervise and guide staff under him/her.
- Have served for a minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience of which three (3) years must be at a senior level.
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below quoting the advertised position on both the cover letter and the envelope by 10th June 2011 enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, relevant experience, day time telephone contact and attach copies of Certificates. Applications may also be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza Ground Floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted through the address below:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Any lobbying or Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KPC is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm