Product Development Engineer (Electrical)1
- Company: BRCK
- Deadline: Sunday 15th September 2013
- Location: Nairobi
BRCK, the new standard in rugged communication devices, is looking for a junior electrical designer to join their team in Nairobi Kenya. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for enabling communication globally. We have very ambitious plans and we are looking for someone that can share our vision and the the BRCK product to the next level.
The BRCK development group, made of world-class mechanical, electrical and software engineers is based in Nairobi Kenya, fostering a new age of hardware development on the continent. While we prefer local applicants, international appliants willing to make a transition to Kenya are invited to apply as well.
Ushahidi, BRCK’s parent company, was founded by David Kobia, Juliana Rotich, Ory Okolloh and Erik Hersman, is a non-profit technology company that builds open source software. The word "Ushahidi" means "Testimony" in Swahili and came out of the crowdosurced mapping platform we builf during the Kenyan post-election violence in 2008.
Our goal is to improve the way information flows in the world and the BRCK is a natural extention of this.
BRCK is a taking the Ushahidi core ethos, and using that to develop best in class communication tool with your help.
Skills and Requirements
• BE, BSc or equivalent degree as a minimum requirement, with a masters or higher degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years designing commercial electronic products
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience using industry standard ECAD tools (Schematic capture, Simulation and layout tools)
• Proven understanding of both analog and digital design requirements and concerns
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com by 15th September 2013
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Wednesday 12th March 2014 8:28am
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Wednesday 12th March 2014 8:28am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Wednesday 12th March 2014 8:28am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Wednesday 12th March 2014 8:28am