Product Development Engineer (RF)1
- Company: BRCK
- Deadline: Sunday 15th September 2013
- Location: Nairobi
BRCK, the new standard in rugged communication devices, is looking for a rock star RF designer to join their team in Nairobi, Kenya. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a passion for enabling communication globally. We have very ambitious plans and we are looking for someone that can share our vision and take the BRCK product to the next level.
The BRCK development group, made of world-class mechanical, electrical and software engineers is based in Nairobi, Kenya, fostering a new age of hardware development on the continent. While we would prefer local applicants, international applicants (willing to make a transition to Kenya) are invited to apply as well.
Ushahidi, BRCK’s parent company, was founded by David Kobia, Juliana Rotich, Ory Okolloh and Erik Hersman, is a non-profit technology company that builds open source software. The word “Ushahidi” means “testimony” in Swahili, and came out of the crowdsourced mapping platform we built during the Kenyan post-election violence in 2008. Our goal is to improve the way information flows in the world, and the BRCK is a natural extension of this.
BRCK is a taking the Ushahidi core ethos, and using that to develop best in class communication tool with your help.
Skills and Requirements
• BE, BSc or equivalent degree as a minimum requirement, with a masters or higher degree preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience working with communications technology.
• Minimum 2 years working with commercialized products, and real world RF design.
• Experience with antenna design and tuning.
• Ability to be a self-starter, and an out of the box thinker.
Optional Skills and Experience
• Experience with 3G, Wifi and Network connectivity
• High speed digital design experience
• Familiarity with automated test and measurement
• Understanding of concerns in high volume manufacturing.
• FCC/CE regulatory experience
Priority will be given to individuals with a proven track record of pushing the envelope, thinking creatively and a passion for global communication
Up to 20% international travel will be required.
Remuneration will be dependent on skills and experience, and we expect to be able to deliver a competitive package.
How to apply
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th September 2013
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am