I.T. Officer I (Information Systems)1
- Company: Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
- Deadline: Friday 10th June 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited is looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of Information Technology Officer I (Information Systems)
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Chief Information Technology Officer (Information Systems), the person will be responsible for the design, coding and testing of new and enhanced functionality within the SAP R/3 environment, including data conversion programs, reports, and program developments and extensions.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, designing and modifying enterprise applications.
- Write and maintain software design specifications throughout the system life cycle
- Manage or assist in the management of small to medium sized projects, including the planning, development, implementation and reporting of project status.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and other departments according to system development life cycle standards.
- Provide support and training to super users, depots and end users in all areas of reporting requirements.
- Ensure that MIS data is accurate and available to all stakeholders according to defined access rights via corporate intranet, mobile, website and other reporting systems.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized University.
- SAP, ABAP/functional Certification is mandatory.
- SAP programming or configuration experience is mandatory.
- Commercial understanding of business processes in any of the following i.e. HR, SD, MM, FIC0 and business intelligence.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Served for a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a busy ICT industry.
- Must be able to work across all modules including FI/CO, MM, SD, HR, Workflow and BW.
- Be a team player.
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below quoting the advertised position on both the cover letter and the envelope by 10th June 2011 enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, relevant experience, day time telephone contact and attach copies of Certificates. Applications may also be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza Ground Floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted through the address below:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Any lobbying or Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KPC is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm