- Company: Serena Hotels
- Deadline: Friday 30th August 2013
- Location: Nairobi
E-Commerce Manager – Serena Hotels
About Serena Hotels
The Serena Hotels is a selection of resorts, safari lodges and hotels that span some of the most evocative, exotic and enchanting destinations in the world. The Serena Group comprises a collection of resorts, safari lodges and hotels, which are located in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and Mozambique) and Southern Asia (Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan). The Serena service profile guarantees unprecedented luxury, extensive amenities and unrivalled warmth of personal attention.
We are looking to recruit a E-Commerce Manager in the Sales and Marketing Department. The successful applicant will report to the Regional Sales & Marketing Director.
· Design, manage and deliver Serena Hotel’s Ecommerce and Social Media Strategy; and manage Serena Hotel’s digital assets.
· Revenue management: Manage Serena Hotel’s website, GDS and OTA placements and invetory, participate in pricing strategies, and distribution channel implementations.
· Create and source for content for the website; come up with tactical initiatives to help support specific products, and to target particular markets and ensure that all content reinforces Serena’s brand values.
· Contribute to innovation and development of new software products to enhance efficiency in the hotel operations.
· Undertake regular competitor and market analysis and rovide analytical reports; and implement change based on the site performance to maximise conversion rates.
· Responsible for the design and implementation of all online display advertising and affiliate marketing initiatives. Develop appropriate metrics and procedures to measure effectiveness of all on-line marketing activity (ROI) .
· To develop and manage the SEO strategy either directly, or through an external agency, to ensure strong search engine optimization.
· Work with the Marketing team to develop ecommerce marketing plans which support customer acquisition and retention through the best practise online marketing techniques.
· Manage the Ecommerce team to ensure correct prioritisation of all tasks and projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science with a bias in Business or Marketing.
· A post graduate degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
· Proficiency in web development, database administration, systems administration and content management systems.
· A competent decision-maker with the ability to develop, own and build a strategic e-commerce and social media plan.
· Good working knowledge and experience of e-commerce activities implementation and online marketing channels.
· Experience in analyzing E-Commerce-related business metrics.
· Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated success in managing across departments in order to drive an online business as well as thorough understanding of online technologies and marketing techniques are essential.
· Strong strategic mindset and result oriented.
· Applicants must be detail-oriented, able to determine priorities while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Experience in the hospitality industry will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting
the above criteria should forward their applications to email@example.com by 30th August 2013 quoting the position in the subject line.
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm