IT Networks and Security Administrator1
- Company: Capital Markets Authority (CMA)
- Deadline: Friday 20th May 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. To take our increasingly vibrant market to the next level, the Authority now invites applications from qualified, competent and experienced candidates for various roles. For all the positions, we are looking for candidates who are proactive high performers, goal oriented, possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to meet deadlines, have a strong attention to detail as well as the big picture and are dynamic.
IT NETWORKS AND SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR. REF: HRD/NSA
Reporting to the Assistant Manager ICT, the IT Networks and Security Administrator will be responsible for;
- Monitoring and ensuring systems availability at all times;
- Coordinating and strictly enforcing the implementation of data backup procedures to protect against loss of valuable data and information caused by hardware problems, virus attacks or physical hazards;
- Research, planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining and upgrading hardware and software interfaces with the operating system;
- Monitoring, diagnosing and troubleshooting the computer network backbone which includes network switching systems and servers, organizational data and information, telephone communication systems and intelligent terminal equipment;
- Providing monitoring and primary response and intervention for information technology related security incidents and violations;
- Administration and configuration of IT Networks and Security on different platforms;
- Administration of Disaster Recovery Processes.
Required Qualifications, Competencies & Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science or IT related disciplines from a reputable institution;
- At least 2 years experience in networks, managing a network of more than 200 users;
- Certification in CCNA, MCSE and CISA.
Additional preferred requirements:
- Certification in CCNP and a member of ISACA;
- Multi-skills training and experience (Networking, Databases, Project management etc).
How to apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to:
Capital Markets Authority
P. O Box 74800 – 00200
The closing date is May 20, 2011
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am