User Experience Designer1
- Company: Moshimoto Enterprises
- Deadline: Tuesday 30th November 2010
- Location: Nairobi
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a relatively young internet marketing agency with a strong passion for small, medium businesses in East Africa. We focus on meeting the end-user’s needs so we work as marketing geeks more than technology geeks. Here, you will work with a diverse pool of talent including award-winning designers. You will also be stretched in thinking and expected to do the same with your colleagues-we are all about personal development. You must love what you do otherwise you’ll find our passion overbearing. We love new ideas and are more than happy to assimilate yours
AUTHORITY AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the client service director, he/she will be the lead on aesthetical aspects in some of the company’s web related projects and will work in a cross-functional team and the digital division of the company. The position requires much more than just graphic/multimedia design skills. An intuitive approach to meeting the needs of the end-user through design is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews specifications and time estimates given by the Client Service Director to determine if further clarification is required to produce results requested by user.
- Perform usability tests to ensure the designs meet the needs of the end-users (We are prepared to teach this if you are not familiar with it).
- Assist with site performance monitoring and reports generation. This includes optimizing all images to meet W3C standards and for search engine ranking etc.
- Work with the technical team to ensure the projects are aesthetically and technically sound.
- Formulates documentation for projects and operations in accordance with corporate standards.
Knowledge and experience with:
All popular with design programs ( Macromedia suite, Corel etc)
This position reports to the Client Services Director. May have day-to-day contact with the technical development team, copywriters and a project consultant.
We endorse a very practical hands-on approach in our work. Having a strong project portfolio, is therefore mandatory.
The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. An out-of-the box mentality (passion for quirky design) and a fortified can-do attitude to motivate the team are desired.
How to apply
All successful candidates will be called in for an interview that includes a technical test. Kindly send all your applications in a .ZIP file. An application must include a cover letter describing your career objectives, passions and work expectations (e.g. ongoing training while at work), CV and a brief portfolio. Portfolios must be rendered in compressed JPEG/PDF format only. No HTML please. Email: email@example.com
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm