Technical Sales Manager - Data and Telecoms1
- Company: East African Cables Ltd
- Deadline: Monday 16th May 2011
- Location: Nairobi
East African Cables is a public limited company listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange is the region’s leading cabling solution provider with more than four decades experience. As part of our corporate development goals, we are seeking to recruit progressive and forward looking individuals to fill the above position.
Reports To: Sales Manager – Data & Telecoms
Main Internal Contacts:
- Sales Manager – Data & Telecoms
- Regional Sales Managers
- Finance department
- Store Assistant
The Sales Representative is responsible for marketing, promoting and selling the data & telecoms products within the designated region
- Achieve monthly and annual sales targets as agreed with supervisor.
- Promote, seek and secure sales orders for company products by visiting current and potential customers.
- Liaise with architects, developers, consulting engineers, contractors and distributors to market and sell the products to them and also offer training.
- Develop technical working relationships and partnerships with other players in the industry
- Keep distributors aligned to the agreed plans especially with regard to providing technical support and customer training
- Assist in product diversification
- Prepare and submit sales reports as required.
- Study market trends and carry out market intelligence to establish competitor activity and market trends.
- Make regular sales calls and follow ups to clients regarding their requirements and give a report to the management team
- Participate in sales and marketing events, such as shows, exhibitions and fairs to give technical insights to clients and potential clients
- With the rest of the sales team, train and supervise sales promoters carrying out special promotion events and ensure effective execution of their tasks
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from a recognized university.
Postgraduate diploma in Marketing or Business Management.
At least 3 years’ relevant working experience in sales and marketing in a telecommunication environment
- Conversant with structured cabling systems, Local Area Networks and the various brands of LAN cables available in the market.
- Good knowledge of the telecommunications industry in the region
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team player skills
- Computer literacy including office applications, such as MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application, indicating the reference number , with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts to;
The Human Capital Manager
East African Cables Ltd
P.O Box 18243 – 00500 Nairobi
To reach us on or before 16th May 2011
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm