Consultant: Web Interaction Designer1
- Company: ILRI
- Deadline: Friday 24th May 2013
- Location: Nairobi
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries. ILRI has two main campuses in East Africa and other hubs in East, West and southern Africa and South, Southeast and East Asia. www.ilri.org.
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. www.cgiar.org.
This consultancy would be part of the team working under the Research Methods Group at ILRI. The successful applicant will contribute to the development of ILRI’s online data portal.
- Design in collaboration with a Web Developer (consultant) and ILRI staff the Web user interface (UI) of ILRI’s online data portal based on an existing analysis.
- Wireframe the ILRI’s online data portal into sketches and mock-ups showing how the end product would look like.
- Discuss wireframes with different stakeholders like developers, system analysts and end users.
- Provide the Web Developer with the necessary components and wireframe/blueprints to implement the design of the data portal.
- Interact with the Web Developer about the flow, styling, fonts, widgets and layouts of the data portal.
- Keep track of the implementation so it follows the design.
- Proved experience in the design of fluid, rich, eye-catching and interactive Web UIs.
- Experience sketching (wireframe) web user interfaces and reviewing wireframes with developers, software analysts and end users.
- Proved experience using design application (e.g., Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator, CorelDraw) in the development of Web UIs.
- Proved experience interacting with web developers to transform Web UI designs into interfaces.
- A portfolio with a minimum of five successful implemented enterprise/professional Web UI design projects.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines without compromising the quality of deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and able to work in a team with little or no supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and good personal organisation skills.
- Good communication ability in English, spoken and written.
- Good judgment and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE! We will only consider applications having a portfolio with a minimum of five successful implemented enterprise/professional Web UI design projects.
Please send portfolio, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am