Consultant: Java / Spring Framework Web Developer1
- Company: ILRI
- Deadline: Friday 24th May 2013
- Location: Nairobi
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries. ILRI has two main campuses in East Africa and other hubs in East, West and southern Africa and South, Southeast and East Asia. www.ilri.org.
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. www.cgiar.org.
This consultancy would be part of the team working under the Research Methods Group at ILRI. The successful applicant will contribute to the development of ILRI’s online data portal.
- Develop and implement in collaboration with a Web User Interface (UI) Designer (consultant) and ILRI staff the ILRI’s online data portal based on an existing analysis and design. The data portal shall be implemented using a REST-based Java API (backend).
- Actively liaise with the Web UI Designer to implement the graphical design of the data portal into its user interface (frontend).
- Develop and implement the necessary JSON data contracts and communication between the backend and frontend layers of the data portal.
- Provide in-line documentation of the backend and frontend. This includes complete description of classes and procedures.
- Proved experience using Java and Spring Framework for the production online applications.
- Experience using Java and Spring Framework for the production of REST-based APIs and applications.
- Proved experience developing Java online applications in an object oriented paradigm.
- Proved experience working with creative designers and transforming Web UI designs into Web UI interfaces.
- Proved experience developing Web UIs with Java as backend (JSP Syntax).
- Proved experience using MySQL as database backend.
- Experience in modelling security frameworks for REST-based applications.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines without compromising the quality of deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and able to work within a team and with little or no supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and good personal organisation skills.
- Skills in mentoring and capacity building are desirable.
- Good communication ability in English, spoken and written.
- Good judgment and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE! We will ONLY consider applications having a portfolio with a minimum of three successful implemented enterprise/professional online applications using Java and Spring Framework.
Send online portfolio, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am