Web and Graphic Designer1
- Company: African Population and Health Research Center
- Deadline: Friday 10th May 2013
- Location: Nairobi
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit a Web and Graphic Designer with
modern web development skills but who really has a passion for online graphic
APHRC is looking for a creative tech savvy graphic designer with web development skills to lead our online communications work and strategy.
The designer brings exciting new ideas on how to reenergize the Center’s online face using contemporary online communications tools and graphic designs including info-graphics and interactive data visualizations to increase our website traffic and create more engaged users.
If you have a good sense of humor and love doing graphic design work, are active online on social media and enjoy using data to create dynamic visual effects then this is the job for you.
You will get to manage a new state of the art
website(currently under construction).
- Managing and building onto the APHRC website and other APHRC web based platforms
- Design and develop new website info-graphics and data visualizations including taking research data and turning it into designed finished web ready content.
- Assist with design of APHRC products for on and offline use, but with a focus on online ready products.
- Upgrade website by assisting with updating content and graphics; monitoring analytics; identifying new creative ways to showcase data online and increasing website traffic and engaged users; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Revitalizing the information architecture of various online platforms as needed and linking external resources to the Center’s website.
- Update and refresh new website (currently being designed by an external team) as needed by updating and installing new modules; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Develop new ways to visualize and showcase our data focusing on new innovations in online communication (such as info-graphics, interactive web tools, blogging, and social media) to improve content presentation, access, use and feedback.
- Code graphic design projects into e-newsletter and new web blast templates.
- Provide weekly website analytics by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends and then optimize and generate ideas to increase traffic through the site.
- Manage links that enable users to share documents with friends and colleagues.
- Manage and ensure an easy-to-use content management system for the website, be able to adjust CMS framework as needed by the team.
- Develop online web-friendly fundraising tools and work with the fundraising team to develop new ways to improve this functionality.
- Develop apps for smart phone and tablet technologies.
- Implement and maintain website enhancements, security/privacy policies, user accounts, access rights, passwords, etc.
- Recommend and apply user experience approaches based upon the latest interactive trends and best practices in the industry.
- Degree in graphic design, IT or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years relevant post-qualification experience.
- Programming language aptitude
- Proven excellent graphic design and copy-writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating info-graphics and or interactive web data visualizations.
- Multimedia skills such as podcast or webcast editing, video editing are An added advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send applications via email no later than May 10, 2013, enclosing a detailed CV, quoting current and expected salary and providing contact details of three referees to email@example.com or to the address below.Please indicate Web and Graphics Designer on the subject line of email or on the envelope. Include in your application a portfolio of not more than 3 web and graphic design examples you have personally worked on.
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787-00100 GPO,
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Tuesday 11th March 2014 12:02pm
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Tuesday 11th March 2014 12:02pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Tuesday 11th March 2014 12:02pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 11th March 2014 12:02pm