- Company: Moshimoto Enterprises
- Deadline: Tuesday 30th November 2010
- Location: Nairobi
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are a relatively young internet marketing agency with a strong passion for small, medium businesses in East Africa. We focus on meeting the end-user’s needs so we work as marketing geeks more than technology geeks. Here, you will work with a diverse pool of talent including award-winning designers. You will also be stretched in thinking and expected to do the same with your colleagues-we are all about personal development. You must love what you do otherwise you’ll find our passion overbearing. We love new ideas and are more than happy to assimilate yours.
AUTHORITY AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Client Service Director, he/she will be the lead on technical aspects in some of the company’s web related projects and will work in a cross-functional team and the digital division of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews specifications and time estimates given by the Client Service Director to determine if further clarification is required to produce results requested by user.
- Manages the company website ensuring it meets W3C Standards.
- Manage the company’s online database servers.
- Performs web metrics analysis, site performance monitoring and reports generation. This includes optimizing all content for search engine ranking.
- Work with the designer to ensure the projects are aesthetically and technically sound.
- Formulates documentation for projects and operations in accordance with corporate standards.
Knowledge and experience with popular:
Content Management Systems
This position reports to the Client Services Director. May have day-to-day contact with the design team, copywriters and a project consultant.
We endorse a very practical hands-on approach in our work. Having a strong project portfolio, is therefore mandatory.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent or Diploma in Web development or equivalent, plus 2 years experience in web programming. He/she will also have international web design qualifications and an impressive portfolio of projects showing their expertise. They will have experience in content management systems, knowledge in client and server-side scripting.
The position requires strong organizational and communication skills. An out-of-the box mentality and a fortified can-do attitude to motivate the team are desired.
How to apply
All successful candidates will be called in for an interview that includes a technical test. Kindly send all your applications in a .ZIP file. An application must include a cover letter describing your career objectives, passions and work expectations (e.g. ongoing training while at work), CV and a brief portfolio. Include a letter from your educational institution (current students only). Portfolios must be rendered in compressed JPEG/PDF format only. No HTML please. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm