Enterprise Java Developer2
- Company: Bityarn Consult
- Deadline: Friday 5th April 2013
- Location: Nairobi
About Bityarn Consult:
We are a Kenyan registered technology consulting and development firm specialised in developing mobile applications as well as supporting web applications, enterprise solutions and other bespoke software applications. Our firm is made up of experienced developers, business analysts and project managers who have pioneered models in health, education, agriculture, micro-finance and banking domains.
As an enterprise web developer, you will be given direct responsibility for core features and services that ship to users. You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast, and deliver great results. You will bring the willingness to learn and grow, and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting environment.
- Involvement in every part of the software lifecycle from specs discussion to development to testing, releasing, and deployment.
- Discuss design, scalability, interoperability and other issues encountered with the team.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking, project management with the rest of the team.
Technology Skills Required:
- Strong Java SE & Java EE knowledge
- Experience in Dependency injection frameworks (Spring/ Guice)
- A working experience with GWT, HTML, CSS
- Experience working with XML/JSON
- Solid SQL background, preferably PostgreSQL or MySQL
- ORM experience (Hibernate, JPA) is a big advantage
- Background in XML/ HTML/ CSS
- Excellent testing practices
- Experience using design patterns.
- Version Control systems and best practices - GIT and/or Mercurial
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Experience scaling up web apps and services for rapid growth
- SOA design experience
- Hands on experience in enterprise applications integration APIs and middleware (e.g. Camel EIP, ActiveMQ)
- REST API design and implementation
- Working Experience with JAXB APIs
Demonstrate-able experience in any set of the above requirements is highly preferred.
How to apply
Please send a CV and brief cover letter to email@example.com
Resumes submitted by non-approved third parties, recruiters or headhunters will be considered unsolicited, and Bityarn Consult will not be obligated to pay any referral fees.
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm