- Company: Saurus Networks Ltd
- Deadline: Friday 12th April 2013
- Location: Nairobi
Saurus Networks Ltd is a leading firm in the Systems Integration sector with its corporate head office in Nairobi, Kenya. Saurus Networks specializes in systems integration, consultancy, out-sourcing and platform migration for Enterprises, Telco’s and Mobile operators. Our total solutions are backed up with the ability to manage projects from conception through to commissioning.
Whether providing specialized expertise for important IT projects or helping our customers deliver products and services to their customers, we pride ourselves in our ability to integrate diverse technology skills in the delivery of comprehensive business solutions.
At Saurus Networks, we balance our technical talent with practical business sense and real dedication to customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a System Administrator who will be a key element in handling projects here at Saurus Networks. This person will provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets. A System Administrator is responsible for complex customer issues which may take a short or long period of time to resolve. The Administrator applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; as well as keeping the customer aware of every step along the way.
- Effectively communicate with clients using messaging, phone calls and onsite visits.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Provide customer facing support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Provide various system logs and search them with proficiency
- Identify software and hardware problems and schedule maintenance in our systems
Job Requirements Position
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Requires at least 4 years’ experience working in Linux server administration
- Should have strong networking and virtualization skills and experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong technical competency
- Able to troubleshoot and configure standard services, Apache , Postfix , DNS
- Good knowledge of LAMP environments
- Network Security experience preferably Cisco ASA
- Understands performance monitors and their output
- Basic troubleshooting of clusters
- Should have strong scripting skills in either bash ,perl, python or similar
- Experience in Microsoft server level products is a definite advantage
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter detailing experience and daytime telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the title of the job in the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm