Android Lead Developer1
- Company: Radical Finance
- Deadline: Tuesday 10th May 2011
- Location: Nairobi
About this position
Radical Finance is a startup developing next generation Android mobile software applications to help microfinance banks manage their remote field staff. The two founders have extensive experience in mobile and microfinance and have secured an initial pilot client so now it's time to start development.
The founders are looking to develop 9 applications in total and are looking for a contractor to develop the first of these with a view to developing all applications if the relationship is successful.
It's anticipated that if the developer demonstrates their proficiency then a full time job could be offered.
The applicant will be expected to develop the full mobile application as per the specifications, with support on the server side if required. They will have the flexibility to work from home or from iHub as they see fit, with regular catchup calls with the rest of the team via skype and in person.
- Proficient in English
- Good time management and communication skills
- Relevant Bachelors degree or significant programming experience
- 1-2 years Java or Android development experience
- Can demonstrate successfully completed mobile applications, preferably with server side capabilities
- Some who tests their code as they go, with bonus points for experience with agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or other server side technologies a plus
- Familiarity with a distributed version control system like git a plus
How to apply
If you are interested in the work, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 10th May, 2011
- Examples of work you have completed
- Your availability
- Compensation expectations in KSH
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm