Mobile Technology Manager1
- Company: Living Goods
- Deadline: Thursday 28th March 2013
- Location: Nairobi
Mobile phones are transforming lives all over the world, most dramatically in developing countries. At Living Goods we believe that mobile technology will become our single most transformative tool for success: empowering our agents to sell and earn more, dramatically lowering our cost to market and monitor, enabling real time sales force management and igniting social connections that drive impact and business success. To accelerate the development of our powerful mobile technology platform, Living Goods seeks an energetic and resourceful Mobile Technology Manager. This position will be responsible for fully leveraging and expanding our mobile system including new services, tools, and strategies that improve our profitability and deepen our impact.
About Living Goods
We believe that the poor are not helpless victims; they are resilient entrepreneurs and value conscious consumers. We empower the poor through our networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, fortified foods, water filters, clean cookstoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, wealth, and productivity of the world’s poor.
Read more about our innovative organization as featured in The New York Times, The Economist, Fast Company, and NPR. www.livinggoods.org/news-media/news/
- Proactively lead the continued development of Living Goods mobile technology platform and suite of tools and services including: performance management systems, mobile money integration, direct response marketing, social selling tools, customer insight capabilities, and more.
- Ensure universal adoption and deep engagement with our mobile tools across all our field teams in East Africa.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with best in class technology contractors.
- Research and adapt best practices in mobile marketing strategies and tools for improving health and livelihoods among base of the pyramid consumers.
- 4-6 years of work experience focused on mobile technology; preference to candidates with emerging market experience.
- Strong project management skills, experienced in managing projects that involve coding/software development, field testing, user training, etc.
- Experience working with culturally diverse teams in developing countries, preferably in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the year, mostly overseas.
- University degree required, preference to candidates with Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business degrees.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of high-impact product distribution in the developing world. We think big but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods you will have the chance to work with an extraordinary team of changemakers to conceive and test innovative ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, and if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will fit right in at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health, vacation, 401k, and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
How to apply
Please submit a single file with resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Kindly include:
- How you heard about this position.
- Current and desired salary.
- Optional - Links to any content that helps us know you better: LinkedIn, Twitter, blog, or relevant work samples.
- Please include “Mobile Technology Manager” in the subject line.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm