Office Administrator, Nairobi1
- Company: GSMA
- Deadline: Sunday 31st March 2013
- Location: Nairobi
GSMA – Our role
The GSMA represents the interests of the worldwide mobile operator community. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators as its members, as well as linking them with more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem (including; handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organizations). The GSMA is focused on innovating, incubating and creating new opportunities for its membership, all with the end goal of driving the growth of the mobile communications sector and the role of operators within it. In addition, we work with Governments, regulators and NGO’s to develop the social and economic value of mobile on a country, region and global basis. Finally we operate and produce the world leading Mobile World Congress and its sister events.
The GSMA is governed by a 25 member board, comprising CEO level representatives from the world's leading mobile operators, among them AT&T, Bharti Airtel, China Mobile, NTTDoCoMo, Orange, Telefonica, Telecom Italia-TIM, Deutsche Telecom and the Vodafone Group.
Please visit www.gsmworld.com for a wealth of further information.
GSMA – Our Organisation
Our people include some of the best talent from around the world focusing on developing strategic industry initiatives. We are a truly international organisation with offices in London, Atlanta, Barcelona, Brussels, Hong Kong and Santiago, and through our different offices we embrace the diversity that has allowed the mobile industry to be acknowledged as one of most fast moving and dynamic industries in the world.
Our unique position at the centre of the industry allows us to collaborate with our diverse membership and support them through some of their most complex challenges that they face as an industry.
GSMA – The Role
The GSMA’s members are truly global and Africa has become one of the most significant markets for mobile consumers when measured by scale and perhaps innovation. Many of our members are African companies and many others have investments in the continent.
The GSMA seeks to tightly engage with our members and increasingly by locating resources close to the markets within which they operate. As part of this strategy our aim is to establish a cross functional team of industry experts to work more closely with our African members and to provide a two way link to our major initiatives and projects.
The Office Administrator for the Nairobi office will support the activities of the Nairobi team in relation to any administration.
· Office budget management
· Ensuring all office equipment and facilities are fit-for-purpose and well maintained
· Ensuring appropriate IT support is secured and available for the team
· Ordering stationary, catering and other supplies for the office
· Management of office suppliers
· Generic administrative support for all Nairobi staff, e.g. couriers, post, etc.
· Offering refreshments to visitors
· Travel booking and scheduling
· Processing expenses
· Arranging meetings
· Preparing dossiers or other documentation for meetings or for other requirements.
· Taking minutes as required.
· Invoice processing as required.
· To ensure health and safety arrangements meet statutory requirements
· Other duties as required and requested
Criteria for Selection
· Experience in an office management role, undertaking duties ranging from administrative to ensuring health and safety, budget management, managing office suppliers and booking travel
· Quick learner
· Ability to work well under stress
· Ability to work well across cultures
· Fluent written and verbal in Swahili/English
· Willing to work with overseas offices on different time zones, when required, though this will be kept to a minimum
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills
The GSMA is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the planets largest and most progressive industry’s and the content to keep a curious mind engaged. Many of our alumni have now taken key roles in the development of the industry. Remuneration is market competitive to attract high quality candidates.
How to apply
Please complete the application form at the following link: https://infocentre.gsm.org/cgi-bin/jb_job_details.cgi?jb_job_id=gsm-oth-531
- Wireless Wednesday - How to use mobile technology to improve education outcomes... Wednesday 6th August 2014 12:00pm
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am