Senior Web Specialist/ Webmaster1
- Company: A24media
- Deadline: Friday 1st March 2013
- Location: Nairobi
A24Media is a Pan-African online media agency that connects the rest of the world with content production resources and information from and about Africa. We are looking for a Senior Web Specialist/ Webmaster. Duties/responsibilitiesnsible for developing an innovative portal for a progressive online media field, develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies.
Innovation, Programming and database administration are all elements of this position.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for internet presence, SEO, Social Media and advertising based on management priorities, policy directions and organization goals.
- Ensure systems and protocols internally that ensure all content is optimized across all platforms and user experiences (websites, mobile, social, video, blogs, video portals etc)
- Ensure that all websites and internet properties under your influence have been technically optimized to attract and engage those visitors that closely match the agreed profile of the target audience
- Develop innovative, reusable mobile web based tools and applications.
- Analyzing feedback from Marketing and reviewing change requests with upper management.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to the organization.
- Minimum degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, BBIT or a related field.
- At least 5+ years experience with SEO, web development, design and project management.
- Strong SEO Optimization, monetization experience wuth
- 4 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS, Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP and experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Graphic design skills
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills to manage multiple priorities
How to apply
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates plus detailed CV should be forwarded to: email@example.com. Prospective candidates need to present an existing work portfolio to increase their chances. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm