- Company: AMPATH
- Deadline: Wednesday 20th February 2013
- Location: AMPATH Centre, Eldoret
The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATH) is a Program under the auspices of Moi University School of Medicine and Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts towards access to health Care. AMPATH supports the Ministry of Health in eight districts in Rift Valley, one district in Nyanza and 11 in Western Province. AMPATH Partnership is a large, diverse and complex organization with over 20 programs.
Tuberculosis Ledger Shredder project seeks to develop and integrate open source technology solutions to help in patient care delivery. To help our mission, we seek to hire a full time programmer to contribute to our mobile and web front EMR.
Duty Station: AMPATH Centre, Eldoret
The programmer will contribute to our development team at AMPATH for our open source solutions
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information technology
- Experience working with programming languages (especially Java, python and android)
- Experience working with SQL Databases
- Experience working with REST services
- Experience deploying information systems
- Strong experience with OpenMRS is an added advantage
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Kenya Health information system
- Ability to manage time well and handle multiple installations simultaneously
- Experience implementing systems in the health sector
- Command of an open source EMR
How to apply
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to:
Code samples and programs should be submitted at the time of application. Please include your availability and salary expectations.
Candidates can also submit their applications enclosing copies of certificates together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, day time phone numbers and 3 professional referees to;-
The AMPATH Chief of Party/C.E.O.
P.O. Box 4606,
The application should reach him on or before 20th February 2013 at 5.00 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm