Event Management and Social Media Intern1
- Company: m:lab East Africa
- Deadline: Friday 25th January 2013
- Location: Nairobi
m:lab East Africa Requires the services of an intern for the following :-
- Undertake social media interaction for the organization, events and related brands.
- Write blogs and articles articulating issues touching on mobile innovation and mobile entrepreneurship.
- Support event planning and logistical activities including photography
- Handle record keeping and archival of digital data
- Support business relations development and fundraising for events.
- Handle communication with sponsors, partners and the media as directed.
- Provide support for event related procurement processes
- Co-ordinate a team of volunteers to facilitate event logistics.
- Documentation of event planning processes.
Desired Competences and Skills
The candidate should have the following key competencies and skills:
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for mobile innovations and entrepreneurship.
- Proficiency in document generation, editing and collaboration using Google Drive.
- Self motivated with ability to perform optimally with minimal supervision and to deliver results under tight schedules.
- Experience in record keeping and archival of digital data.
- Demonstrated skills in application of social and digital media as tools for people engagement, advocacy and publicity
- Impeccable interpersonal skills.
How to apply
The successful candidate will be engaged in a six month internship program
Interested candidates may send a cover letter explaining why they are fit for the opportunity and include their updated CVs to email@example.com. Applications MUST have “Pivot East Intern” in the subject line. Only email applications received before Friday 25th January 2013.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am