Event Management and Social Media Intern1
- Company: m:lab East Africa
- Deadline: Friday 25th January 2013
- Location: Nairobi
m:lab East Africa Requires the services of an intern for the following :-
- Undertake social media interaction for the organization, events and related brands.
- Write blogs and articles articulating issues touching on mobile innovation and mobile entrepreneurship.
- Support event planning and logistical activities including photography
- Handle record keeping and archival of digital data
- Support business relations development and fundraising for events.
- Handle communication with sponsors, partners and the media as directed.
- Provide support for event related procurement processes
- Co-ordinate a team of volunteers to facilitate event logistics.
- Documentation of event planning processes.
Desired Competences and Skills
The candidate should have the following key competencies and skills:
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for mobile innovations and entrepreneurship.
- Proficiency in document generation, editing and collaboration using Google Drive.
- Self motivated with ability to perform optimally with minimal supervision and to deliver results under tight schedules.
- Experience in record keeping and archival of digital data.
- Demonstrated skills in application of social and digital media as tools for people engagement, advocacy and publicity
- Impeccable interpersonal skills.
How to apply
The successful candidate will be engaged in a six month internship program
Interested candidates may send a cover letter explaining why they are fit for the opportunity and include their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST have “Pivot East Intern” in the subject line. Only email applications received before Friday 25th January 2013.
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am