- Company: People Insights Limited
- Deadline: Tuesday 29th January 2013
- Location: Nairobi
Our client has more than 10 years experience and knowledge in providing mobile technology and content to operators and media companies worldwide, with the core competence of providing a stable and secure backend system and precise delivery of content and services.
Their platform is a centralized server farm, with a range of distributed regional and local servers, synchronizing directly, thereby securing fast and effective delivery of content and services - even in low bandwidth areas. The Platform supports technologies such as SimToolKit, SMS, MMS, WAP, iMode, Brew, Music/Video download/Streaming services and mobile commerce and banking solutions.
We are seeking applications from energetic and creative individuals who have passion in this sector who are keen to be part of this dynamic and fast growing team. The main responsibilities for IT Developers will include the following:
- Responsible to drive assigned development tasks and application maintenance
- Obtain a good understanding of the systems and structures of the company and new technology
The ideal applicants will be an important part of designing and development of systems and for this position should possess the following criteria:
- Minimum of a degree in IT and software development
- 3+ years working experience in application development
- Excellent JAVA programming skills
- Good experience with MySQL, JBOSS
- Telecom/Mobile industry experience would be an advantage such as SMSC, VAS, WAP, STK, billing and mobile technology
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration would be an added advantage
- Problem solving skills that enables ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self motivated, results driven, team player and an understanding of need to deliver to deadlines
- Willingness to work between 9am and 6pm with expectation of longer working hours based on demands from client events
How to apply
Please forward an application letter indicating your suitability to this role, together with a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 29th January 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Saturday 8th March 2014 6:38am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Saturday 8th March 2014 6:38am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 6:38am
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 6:38am