Social Media Manager1
- Company: Dotsavvy
- Deadline: Monday 4th February 2013
- Location: Nairobi
Dotsavvy Limited (Dotsavvy) is a 10 year old award-winning Digital Agency with big ideas based in Nairobi, Kenya. We specialize in digital marketing meaning we do stuff like build corporate web sites, landing pages, social media apps, mobile apps, mobile marketing, content development & marketing as well as anything else we think we can do well enough. You can find out more about Dotsavvy from our web site at http://www.dotsavvyafrica.com.
Purpose of the position
This position is responsible for developing and executing social media strategies and engagement tactics across multiple channels for our clients. As a central part of our team, you will be responsible for helping grow our clients brands through social media, and establishing relationships and seeding content through social networks. A strong understanding of social media and community trends/technology is a must, as is a keen understanding of the intersection of digital, social and traditional marketing. This role is ideal for someone who can pair knowledge and passion for social media channel programs with creative marketing strategies.
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
- Your success will be measured by how creative and innovative your ideas are, and how well they deliver against client branding and business goals.
- Assist in the development of metrics to evaluate effectiveness of client social media marketing programs
- Educate internal teams on key findings and industry trends and apply them towards integrated digital marketing campaigns for our clients.
- Work closely with other digital marketing managers to develop social media plans and creative social campaigns as part of overall brand campaigns for our clients.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders (strategy, editorial, customer support, sales, training, public relations, etc) to ensure consistent brand messaging on social media
- Create social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for clients
- Leverage consumer insights into acquisition and retention of customers for the brands we handle
- Cultivate smart, strategic partnerships that support content and marketing objectives for our clients
- Develop community programs and social media promotional calendars that build brand awareness and engagement - you'll also help create assets and supporting materials to execute client marketing programs
- Identify and secure social media influencer partnerships for our clients brands
- Day-to-day client brand management on Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, Tumblr, Google + and other platforms where they have presence
- Understand target audiences for each of our clients brands, know their behavior and create interesting solutions that reach and convert behaviors
- Implement and maintain comprehensive social media strategies that will increase client brand visibility and traffic across all social platforms, this includes content development, community engagement and management
- Develop social media strategies and integrated marketing campaigns that align with and support the core business goals.
- Experience working with digital, creative and media agencies.
- Experience with media planning. Agency experience a plus.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management, team leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media management and analytics tools (i.e., Radian6, HootSuite, Google Wildfire, Google Analytics, etc)
- Must be on top of new social media trends and experiences and can think and execute across digital, social and mobile platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and an understanding of how to apply them in a manner that is fitting to customer brands and digital business goals.
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas to reach target audiences.
- Educate internal teams on key findings and industry trends and apply them towards integrated marketing campaigns for our clients.
- Work closely with other team members to develop social media plans and creative social campaigns for the clients brands we handle.
What we need from you:
- Provable, quantifiable expertise as a Social Media Manager (work samples and/ or project descriptions)
- Provable experience working as a Social Media Manager (work history)
- Salary expectations.
What we don’t need from you:
- If you are looking to ladder climb and want to play politics this is also not the place for you. You are happy to work and are ready to address and solve problems as they arise. We do not pretend to know everything and mistakes are likely in every endeavor.
Where you will work:
We have a great office in one of Nairobi’s quieter suburbs near the city centre with lots of windows and a very open set-up. We dress down most of the time, but are always at our best in front of clients. We are professional and the management team is very hands on and engaged with the work that is done. We try very hard not to require more hours that are required of anyone and we strive to work 8.30 to 5.00 pm every day with a one hour lunch break.
That said, we’re flexible and recognize that we all have lives outside of the office – and we also know that sometimes, especially when deadlines demand it, normal working hours just won’t get the job done. When it doesn’t, we act accordingly – and we show our appreciation when people step-up. We use our leave days and so will you, for your sanity and ours.
How to apply
Apply for this position:
If think that your that special talent we may be looking for, kindly send us your CV on email@example.com by the 4th February 2013
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am