Lead Application Developer2
- Company: Dotsavvy
- Deadline: Monday 4th February 2013
- Location: Nairobi
Dotsavvy Limited (Dotsavvy) is a 10 year old award-winning Digital Agency with big ideas based in Nairobi, Kenya.We specialize in digital marketing meaning we do stuff like build corporate web sites, landing pages, social media apps, mobile apps, mobile marketing, content development & marketing as well as anything else we think we can do well enough. You can find out more about Dotsavvy from our web site at http://www.dotsavvyafrica.com.
Purpose of the position
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
- Interested in learning and have a creative mind that enjoys the challenges of application development
- Gets excited about clean code but knows that ugly code is out there and dealing with it is an necessity sometimes
- Enjoys client interaction and problem solving, in a passionate way.
- Knows the tools of your trade
- Wants to raise the skill level of the whole team, not just themselves
- Has the ability to play well with others we will be welcoming you into our team
- Has the ability to work independently coding, testing, gathering requirements, and communicating with clients
- Knows the value of a great user experience when it comes to building applications
- Accepts the fact that mistakes will be made and that every experience is an opportunity to get better and improve the working processes within the agency
- Appreciates that meetings are necessary but detests unnecessarily long or unproductive ones. You cant wait to leave a meeting and go back to writing code!
- Knows that open, honest and productive communication is key to project success
- Believes that working less hours smarter is better than working more hours harder
- Knows that perfection may not be possible but aiming for excellence is realistic & Wants a full-time position in a growing company
Are you a Lead Application Developer who is savvy enough to deal with an intensively customer service oriented Digital Agency? We are that company. We consistently deliver for not only long lived and well-maintained clients, but also our new ones. They range from HTML5 intensive brand micro-sites with a major focus on user experience, to ordinary database driven content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Typo3. We also work on unconventional projects with interesting and occasionally not so interesting features thrown in the mix. We will build anything that creates value and pass up those projects that are too cumbersome, outrageous or simply unsustainable. On any given day you could be part of a large team building a cutting edge digital marketing solutions or you may be solo coding feature enhancements or fixes for a clients mobile app. We thrive in a results oriented environment because our team is treated well and our clients are treated even better.
What we need from you:
- Provable, quantifiable expertise as an Application Developer (code samples and/ or project descriptions)
- Provable experience working on web application projects (work history)
- Salary expectations.
What we dont need from you:
- We dont enjoy reading lists especially not a list of the 50 technologies you know. If your resume doesnt make it clear that you have focus on a specific web technology(s) then youre just wasting both of our time sending us your CV and nobody enjoys having their time wasted.
- If you are looking to ladder climb and want to play politics this is also not the place for you. You are happy to work and are ready to address and solve problems as they arise. We do not pretend to know everything and mistakes are likely in every endeavor.
Where you will work:
We have a great office in one of Nairobis quieter suburbs near the city centre with lots of windows and a very open set-up. We dress down most of the time, but are always at our best in front of clients. We are professional and the management team is very hands on and engaged with the work that is done. We try very hard not to require more hours that are required of anyone and we strive to work 8.30 to 5.00 pm every day with a one hour lunch break.
That said, were flexible and recognize that we all have lives outside of the office and we also know that sometimes, especially when deadlines demand it, normal working hours just wont get the job done. When it doesnt, we act accordingly and we show our appreciation when people step-up. We use our leave days and so will you, for your sanity and ours.
How to apply
Apply for this position:
If think that your that special talent we may be looking for, kindly send us your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org by the 4th February 2013
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm