Awesome PHP Developer2
- Company: MTL Systems
- Deadline: Friday 25th January 2013
- Location: Nairobi
We are looking for a true PHP expert that loves to hack code in several languages and has fun doing it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2 years experience in developing custom-built software, you will be required to show Projects done
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work with a team and to learn
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
Specialist knowledge required:
- Knowledge of PHP/codeigniter, ajax and jquery
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of professional software practices including source code control, bug tracking, unit testing and code reviews
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to hundreds of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- Comfortable with both object oriented and procedural programming methodologies
- You will develop and maintain new and existing web applications in our agile environment.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into deployed applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Within the first three months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core web platform services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing web systems
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
Nice to Haves:
- Zend framework experience.
- Ruby or Ruby on Rails experience.
- Java experience.
- Mobile app development
- Experience with payments processing and/or Social API’s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Fun enviroment and support from other developers.
- Mobile testing Lab.
- All the coffee you can drink.
- We pick people, over degrees…and reward awesomeness.
How to apply
Awesome coders should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details of your availability
- Brief cover letter outlining why this is for you and your CV
- Any sample s that show off your code and prove you’ll be able to hit the ground running
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am