- Company: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Deadline: Wednesday 27th April 2011
- Location: Nairobi
HELB is a state corporation whose mandate is to source funds and provide loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans pursuing higher education in recognized institutions. We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and highly-driven individual, who is able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, is results driven, an excellent time manager and team player to join our team and help transform the lives of Kenyans through the provision of loans, bursaries and scholarships.
The ICT Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will lead a team of dedicated and innovative ICT professionals to develop ICTsystems and enhance the ICT capacity of the institution to enable it meet its mandate.
The incumbent will:
- Drive the Board’s ICT policy
- Develop new ICT systems and enhance the existing ones
- Lead and drive a culture of innovation and creativity in seeking ICT solutions to organisational challenges.
- As a strategic thinker, ensure implementation and monitoring of the ICT Strategy to enhance the delivery of services, while clearly demonstrating ability to meet deadlines
- Customize ICT systems into an interactive infrastructure which enables faster access to data and information and the sharing of ICTresources by users
- Assure functionality of operating systems, network and applications software for effective communication and put in place measures which ensure security, privacy and integrity of ICT systems;
- Maintain and/or develop new databases on a need basis;
- Ensure Disaster and Recovery Management
- Be expected to operate under an environment of Performance Contracting and enforce the realization of departmental and individual performance targets through performance management.
The Board wished to discuss this position with individuals who possess the following:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in leading edge computer technologies, programming and practical knowledge of Oracle and SQL database.
- Ability to conceptualise and convert ideas into solutions;
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Preference will be given to holders of post graduate degrees in ICT or any other relevant discipline
- Certification from relevant recognized professional bodies.
How to apply
Candidates should enclose their up to date CV’s giving among other things, details of day time contacts, current gross pay, names and contacts of three referees, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials so as to reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer not later than 27th April 2011 on the address below:
Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400 NAIROBI
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm