FULL-TIME RESEARCH ASSISTANT1
- Company: iHub Research
- Deadline: Friday 11th January 2013
- Location: Nairobi
The Africa Innovation Index - ATI2 research project is looking to hire a highly skilled and motivated full-time research assistant. The position shall entail close collaboration and assistance with all stages of empirical research in Africa Innovation both online and among 3 case study countries in Africa including Kenya.
Duration: January 2013 – April 2013.
This position carries a stipend.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Strong computer science technical background
- Strong quantitative background
- Strong computer skills including programming (particularly of web crawlers - python)
- Be able to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Skills in latex
- Masters in Computer Science is a plus
The position shall be located at the iHub Research and occasionally at the University of Nairobi. The assignment is primarily task based and task execution may be independent of location. All meetings and project proceedings shall be done at the iHub Research premises. The position shall require travel for at least 2 weeks.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Data collection
- Online: Web crawler algorithm development
- Various research instruments – surveys
- Intensive data analysis utilizing mathematical models for both qualitative and quantitative data
- Assist in the formulation, supervision and disbursement of relevant surveys
- Report generation
- Attend weekly progress meeting at iHub Research
How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm