Desk Research Assistant1
- Company: iHub Research
- Deadline: Monday 31st December 2012
- Location: Nairobi
1. Desk Researcher
Start Date: 07 January 2013
Contract length: 4 months
iHub Research focuses on technology and its uses in East Africa. We facilitate local research capacity building and conduct local qualitative and quantitative research in East Africa, by East Africans. We bring information on technology and its uses to the technology community, enabling entrepreneurs and developers to make better decisions on what to build and how to build it.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the iHub Research Project Manager and working closely with the Research Lead on the Project, the Desk Researcher is responsible for aggregating, reviewing, and monitoring online content. The Desk Researcher is in charge of accurately examining significant amounts of online written material quickly and submitting daily reports.
● Fluent reading and writing in English AND one of the following mother tongues (Somali, Luo, Luhya, Kikuyu, Kalenjin, or Swahili) – note: do NOT apply if you do not fit this requirement;
● Training in social sciences; degree preferred
● Experience working at a call center preferred;
● Experience coding data preferred;
● Skills in accurate reading and skimming;
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
● Proficient with online social media including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Google+;
● Diligent, responsible, with a high level of integrity, and good work ethic;
● Ability to meet strict deadlines, follow directions, be prompt, and work independently.
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter detailing experience in research and daytime telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Closing date for applications is Monday, 31st December, 2012.
● Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
● Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.
● IHub Research is an equal opportunity employer.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am