Senior Systems Developer1
- Company: Kenya Medical Supplies Agency (KEMSA)
- Deadline: Friday 6th May 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Kenya Medical Supplies Agency (KEMSA) Is a Stats Corporation established in 2000 with the mandate to Procure, Warehouse and Distribute medical commodities to over 5,000 public health facilities countrywide. The Agency wishes to recruit competent staff to fill existing vacancies in various departments as outlined below:
The Job holder will be reporting to the ICT Manager and the primary role of the job is to ensure the timely implementation and enhancements of ICT systems and that they are working effectively and meet the needs of the Agency.
The job holder will be required to:
- Lead a system development implementation team.
- Liaise with systems users for systems updates or any new requirements.
- Analyze, design, programme and implement computer systems as per agreed business requirements
- Keep up to date systems and operations documentation.
- Provide user training on business systems
- Identify and resolve program errors as per agreed Service Levels Agreements
- Design develop and install business systems enhancement and upgrades
- Monitor business systems performance
- Regular security monitoring to identify intrusion
- Do any other computer work as from time to time allocated by the ICT Manager
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a University Degree in ICT or related field.
- Have at least 5 years experience in a similar position in a challenging environment.
- Possess excellent working knowledge of Linux and associated administrative tools.
- Possess excellent working knowledge of Linux Mail Server and Open office
- Have excellent experience of Relational Data bases (Postgresql preferred)
- Able to design and implement Jasper reports
- Have knowledge in Source Code versioning (Subversion.Git or CVS)
- Programming experience with JAVA will be a definite advantage.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of information security including access control techniques and tools.
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration level, email and telephone contacts quoting the respective reference number for the position being applied for so as to reach us on or before 6th May 2011 addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Agency (KEMSA)
13 Commercial Street, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 47715, 00100
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm