Business Systems Analyst1
- Company: M-KOPA
- Deadline: Wednesday 31st October 2012
- Location: Nairobi
M-KOPA is a mobile technology company that uses mobile payments to offer consumer financing for energy products and services, targeted at off-grid users. The M-KOPA payment system uses mobile payments as a way to pay slowly for renewable energy for a range of applications such as solar lighting or mobile charging.
M-KOPA is seeking a skilled and motivated Business Systems Analyst to help in the process of developing the growing M-KOPA system.
- M-KOPA was founded in 2011 following a successful commercial pilot using mobile services to collect payments for use of energy. The company’s first scaled commercial application is off-grid solar power systems, undergoing commercial roll-out across Kenya from May 2012.
- M-KOPA was incubated by Signal Point Partners (www.signalpointpartners.com).The partners and management team of M-KOPA include several former executives responsible for the initiation and scaling of M-PESA, the award-winning mobile financial service platform in Kenya. M-KOPA has strong international investors to help scale its business.
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Role: Collecting and analyzing business and user requirements for M-KOPA Systems and documenting and communicating these to the Technology Team.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: December 2012
Reporting to: Head of Technology
- Collecting, understanding and analyzing operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Documenting all business requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Engaging business users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
- Engaging business users and the technology team in design of M-KOPA’s systems from a user’s perspective
- Developing new business procedures that have an impact on M-KOPA’s systems and making improvements on existing ones
- Suggests improvements to M-KOPA’s systems by studying current practices and conceptualizing solutions to challenges arising
- Leading the process of User Acceptance Testing by preparing, coordinating, collecting and analyzing feedback
- Developing user documentation and training manuals for new members of staff
Skills & Experience
- Should have at least 4 years of experience working in a similar role with a software development team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage own time with changing priorities
- Nothing short of excellent oral and written communication skills
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to assist other team members
- Background in computer science or other equivalent technical field leading to a good understanding of technology solutions
How to apply
To apply, please go to the Jobs section on the M-KOPA website and submit your application by October 31st 2012.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm