- Company: Micrologistics startup
- Deadline: Saturday 20th October 2012
- Location: Nairobi and surroundings
Play your part in revolutionising the flow of goods in Kenya! We are moving to pilot phase of a new approach to building a logistics network for the transport of small loads of goods -- crops from smallholder farmers, stock for retailers, products from small and medium enterprises, and packages for private individuals. Using mobile technology, we are creating a transport network that offers reliable, trustworthy and easy-to-use transport, at low cost. Help us build the M-Pesa of goods!
We are recruiting a manager for the field operations team for the pilot phase. This position is paid (salaried), and contracts will be for a fixed duration of several months (to be negotiated). Strong candidates will likely to be invited to join the team permanently, with equity awards negotiable at that stage.
The operations manager will lead a team of 2-3 people, responsible for:
* Building and maintaining relationships with famers and small-scale retailers:
- Marketing the offering and recruiting customers
- Providing telephone and in-person support
- Following up and collecting feedback on the customer experience of the offering
* Ensuring the successful operation of the network
- Fulfilling retail stock orders
- Monitoring the flow of packages in the network, and correcting where required
* Assisting with market research during offering design and refinement
* Depending on appetite, participating in continued development of the core offering
The ideal candidate needs:
* A strong entrepreneurial instinct and desire for impacting the lives of Kenyans, while creating a sustainable enterprise
* Willingness to leave the office and engage with people on ground,for much of your day
* Ability to deliver responsibilities on time and professionally, as demonstrated by post-secondary education and/or prior work experience
* Strong interpersonal skills, in English and Swahili
* A good understanding of mobile technology, in order to identify opportunities for improving the offering -- though no specific technical skills are required
* Prior experience in retail, small-scale agriculture and/or logistics highly valued
* Own transport required
Besides the opportunity to revolutionise logistics in Kenya, this role offers experience and coaching in enterprise development, and is a good springboard to either joining our core team, or any other growing enterprise.
Additional team member roles are also available -- details available on request.
How to apply
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Resumes preferred, but also willing to answer your questions.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm