Social Media Intern1
- Company: *iHub_
- Deadline: Monday 15th October 2012
- Location: Nairobi
Are you obsessed with finding and sharing great stories online? Do you have a passion for the web, especially in the social media arena? Do you have a lot of enthusiasm for the social space, have a strong personal network, are a naturally social person and work well in teams?
iHub is looking for a social media intern, who is willing to learn new skills and isn’t afraid to tackle big projects, to join us from mid-October to December.
The ideal candidate should be creative, have a fun personality, and is thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building new relationships.
Some cool stuff that you will learn:
- You will acquire an editorial lens: being able to package content across blogs and social media platforms and creating a demand
- Expand your knowledge of digital practices: Setting up analytics software, managing an editorial calendar, web reporting, best practices for online media
- Cultivating relationships with editors, bloggers, online audiences
- Maintain iHub’s presence online on social media sites by starting conversations online and nurturing online visitors into deeper levels of involvement
- Build relationships with the online communications staff in other hubs
- Work with the Editor to provide content and graphics for iHub newsletters, iHub blog and website and other media channels as appropriate
- Research and develop ways to improve engagement
What we require:
(Background in communication, marketing, journalism, or other related discipline is not a requirement though an advantage!)
- Solid writing skills are a must, as are a passion for information and research, and a strong sense of ethics
- Bold, critical thinker, loves interacting with social media sites
- A good sense of wit and charm in your writing
- Some social panache
- Willing to learn new skills in media, social media and digital strategy
- Ability to execute: An implementer able to translate a social media plan into results, track social media analytics, monitor online conversations and build brand presence
- Highly organized, and ability to prioritize work
You will work closely with the (fun and creative) Media and Web team at iHub.
As a social media intern, you’re going to be much like any other intern, or other staff member — ability to work under [their] own direction. Show initiative, ideas. Ability to execute. Creativity.
*This is a paid internship.
“Someone who is creative, good at coming up with ideas — willing to take an idea and run with it without a lot of micro-managing…”
How to apply
If this is you, send your one page application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am