Sales and Marketing Manager1
- Company: Yum
- Deadline: Thursday 25th October 2012
- Location: Nairobi
Work for an innovative, start-up organization!
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Yum, still its start-up phase, began in June 2012 with the potential to become East Africa's premier online food delivery service. We allow customers to go online and, in three simple steps, order food from their favorite restaurant to be delivered straight to their door. We work with restaurants to get their menus online and charge a small service fee for delivering their food to a new customer base. Finally, we have a network of motorcycle drivers who pick-up the food from the restaurant and deliver it to our customers.
This is a unique opportunity to join Yum as Sales and Marketing Manager. We are seeking a self-motivated entrepreneur with a career interest in small businesses in developing countries. You will help drive our ambitious business plan to become East Africa’s premier online food delivery service.
The applicant must be forward thinking, enthusiastic and dynamic. You will be responsible for acquiring new restaurant accounts as well as developing and managing existing relationship with partner restaurants. You will manage Yum’s marketing plan, with a particular focus on Direct Marketing and building the Yum brand. You will measure success of different marketing approaches aimed at stimulating demand for our delivery service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Making sales to targeted restaurants. You will be responsible for identifying key stake holders at high-quality restaurants, forming a relationship with those stake-holders and signing them up to join the Yum community.
- Manage restaurant relationships. You will be in close contact with the managers and owners of our partner restaurants; it will be critical that you ease communication, meet with them regularly to discuss any changes to the menus, assure that they receive payment and handle any general issues that may arise.
- Developing marketing plan: You will be responsible for managing and developing effective marketing campaigns both on and offline with a strong focus on direct marketing, print media, social media and word of mouth.
- Building and growing brand identity: You will be responsible for establishing the Yum brand as Nairobi’s premier online delivery service, creating excitement around the brand and its service.
- Creation of Marketing material: Working with our designer on creation of marketing material both on and offline.
- Tracking sales figures and creating forecasts: You will be responsible for keeping a weekly track of sales figures and for creating targets and forecasts for both company sales and restaurant accounts.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Strong entrepreneurial experiences.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Sales and/or Marketing
- High-performing undergraduate background.
- Basic computer literacy (required)
- Experience with digital marketing
- Working knowledge of Nairobi restaurant scene
- Strong communication in English
Compensation: Starts modest. However, your earning opportunity will track directly with your performance, and the success of the business.
How to apply
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm