Web application Developer1
- Company: Digital Vision EA
- Deadline: Saturday 30th April 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Digital Vision EA is looking for a highly-motivated, intelligent, and skilled individual to join its team as lead PHP developer. He / She will be reporting to the Project Manager. This is a full time position. The ideal candidate must be able to work locally and full-time in Nairobi. Without exceptions, no part-time or remote arrangements will be considered. The candidate will also be willing to travel to client sites in Kenya and abroad, if and when required to do so.
The job requires the ability to build stable, secure, and attractive web applications based on predetermined specifications, but also creativity to come up with and ability to execute one's own ideas that will further our goals as a company.
We are looking for someone with the self-discipline to get work done in a timely manner without constant oversight. We'll also be looking for an eagerness to collaborate with a small team of highly-motivated people.
Candidates must be able to furnish portfolios of their work, or at least several links to websites/Web apps that they have created or made substantial contributions to.
- Develop custom web applications and websites using the LAMP stack and AJAX.
- Meet with project team members and clients to develop an understanding of client requirements.
- Implement client websites and web applications, intranets and extranets.
- Help to architect client projects under the guidance of our chief technical officer.
- Prepare project specifications documents, features documents, feature documents and project plans.
- Work as part of a dedicated team of project managers, developers and database pros and designers.
- Develop new products and extend existing ones.
- Participate in all phases of Web application and websites development projects, from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Assist with server administration and server security.
- Rapidly develop new features based on user feedback.
- Work on weekly and bi-weekly deadlines
Minimum experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on web development experience.
- Programming experience using PHP/MySQL required.
- Thorough knowledge of both front-end and back-end technologies, including XHTML,
- Experience customizing and further developing and hacking open source software.
- BSc Computer science (you don't necessarily need a CS degree (although clearly, that helps), just be smart).
- Proven experience building web applications and database-driven websites.
- Interest in feature development to accommodate user needs
- Appreciation of cross-browser compatibility and web standards
Other Desirable characteristics/Bonus Skills
- A focus on security is a plus.
- Experience with shell scripting, Perl, Python is a plus.
- Linux/Unix system administration experience is a plus.
- Web Design skills a big plus
How to apply
Only email applications will be accepted. Send your application letter and resume to email@example.com
In your application, please indicate the earliest available date.
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm