- Company: FrontlineSMS
- Deadline: Wednesday 4th May 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Developer wanted to join small, agile, co-located, Nairobi-based team working on award-winning open source software.
You're a confident Java developer, familiar with object-oriented design and unit testing, and a great communicator. You want to get involved with all aspects of the agile software development process, learn new JVM languages and frameworks, and develop great cross-platform, browser-based software.
You will work with Java, Git, Groovy, Grails, jQuery, SASS, continuous integration and test-driven development on our greenfield project using the operating system of your choice.
- good working knowledge of modern Java
- strong grasp of object-oriented programming and design
- ability to quickly understand and apply unfamiliar technologies and frameworks
- willingness to contribute to all stages of the development process, and other aspects of the organisation when required
- excellent written and spoken English
- insatiable hunger to learn and grow as a developer
- an active interest in XP, Agile practices, JVM languages, ICT4D
- a love of clean code
- working knowledge of core technologies
FrontlineSMS helps organisations throughout the world harness the power, potential and reach of mobile technology to effect positive social and environmental change.
How to apply
Apply for this position: Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am