Lead Software Engineer - Android1
- Company: Kopo Kopo
- Deadline: Sunday 1st July 2012
- Location: Nairobi
Kopo Kopo is using technology to change the way consumers interact with merchants in emerging markets. From mobile money payments to SMS marketing to new CRM models, Kopo Kopo is building a platform that transforms the merchant-consumer experience.
Kopo Kopo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer – Android. The Lead Software Engineer will lead the company in creating a market-appropriate mobile service for consumers and merchants. They will have direct responsibility for creating a world-class product suite that transforms the merchant marketplace.
We're looking for an Engineer who understands and values user-centered design including “getting out of the office” and prototyping concepts. They understand that what they build will become a key part of a growing business and build their apps to be reliable, secure, and easy-to-use.
The Engineer will also relish the unique opportunity to use their skills to make an impact on millions of lives in emerging markets.
- Architect and design cutting edge mobile apps
- Ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time
- GUI layout (we have UI designers but you need to be able to build it)
- Experience with security software and protocols
- Experience with web services (SOAP/REST) / API layer for server interactions
- XML, JSON knowledge
- Solid background in C/JAVA (J2EE)
- Understanding of Android fundamentals
- Must have 'shipped' at least two Android applications.
- Great understanding of network & socket programming, concurrency & multithreading, memory management and common design patterns
- Strong data structures, logical, analytical and algorithm skills
Desirable, but not required
- Professional Ruby/RoR development experience
- Open source contributions
- TDD experience
- Experience scaling web services
- Experience building server side APIs
How to apply
Apply for this position by emailing a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm