Linux and Mesh Network Hacker1
- Company: PAYU Computing
- Deadline: Saturday 30th June 2012
- Location: Nairobi
PAYU Computing is a start-up founded by three East African MIT Alumni and is looking to bring on-board a proficient hacker onto the team to further develop the product in Kenya. check out our website for more (but limited) details: http://www.payucomputing.com/
We have raised $50,000 to date from a well known Angel Investor in the United States.
We will brief all candidates on the vision of the company and where we expect to be in the next 5-10 years. We are looking for someone who can believe in our vision and has the required skills to execute towards the vision.
There is a potential of adding the person as a co-founder (and have significant ownership stake in the company in the form of shares) if we deem that he/she is very well suited with what we need
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the following:
- Familiarity with server-client model of computing especially in relation to thin clients (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_client)
- Prior use or knowledge of LTSP - Linux Terminal Server Project (http://www.ltsp.org/).
- Ability to create custom Linux User Interfaces and familiarity with Xfce (http://www.xfce.org/)
- Linux OS hacking. Should be very comfortable diving into low level code (up to machine code)
- Familiarity with WiFi security enforcement, with experince using RADIUS for user access control (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RADIUS)
- Proficient in WiFi devices and ability to hack and configure them as needed, including setting up OSLR meshing on DD-WRT (http://www.olsr.org/)
- Knowledge of mesh networking concepts. Refer to this paper to get an idea of the types of problems we encounter in our networks: http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/~rtm/roofnet-b.pdf
How to apply
Send me your resume at email@example.com or call me at +254 718 079 421 - Ammar Jiwaji
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm