Software Developer ( mainly Python, Django, SQL Lite )2
- Company: United Nations World Food Programme
- Deadline: Monday 28th May 2012
- Location: Nairobi
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
WFP Kenya is looking to hire software developers for a three-month project, starting immediately, based in Nairobi. The project ("FoodNet") aims to develop a beneficiary and transfer management system for transferring cash and voucher-based benefits to WFP's beneficiaries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support work on the FoodNet project to develop a beneficiary management and transfer tracking system by:
- Drawing up system design documentation;
- Writing and testing code;
- Reviewing and documenting software failures and taking corrective action as required;
- Producing user and system support documentation;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, of which 5 years of experience with Python and minimum of 2 years of experience with Django framework;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Extensive experience in writing code and designing and running relative tests (unit, functional, integration) using the following programming languages and platforms: Python 2.7, Django 1.4, Oracle, and sequel servers (MS SQL, MySQL, SQL Lite);
- Experience in developing software applications for mobile operating systems (e.g. Android, Symbian) would be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of the following tools would be an added advantage: Buildbot, Selenium, celery, redis/memcached
How to apply
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm