- Company: BBC
- Deadline: Tuesday 27th May 2014
- Location: Nairobi
The BBC Swahili Service is part of BBC Africa and we broadcast to around 20 million listeners in Eastern and Central Africa. BBC Swahili is producing a series of TV and radio debates around the Kenyan elections complimented by an integrated Web / social media platform and training to our broadcast partners. We seek to fill the following positions with qualified Kenyans, to be based in Nairobi, with frequent travel to various locations in Kenya.
(Full time, fixed term contract, 9 months)
Job Purpose: Manage the online presence of the Kenya debate programme
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage web and social media platforms and the creation and publication of programme related content in various formats to these channels
- Capture and produce rich multimedia content for digital publication, working closely with the radio and TV production teams
- Help to make content as widely usable as possible by journalists, online influencers, bloggers and audiences
- Monitor editorial content and provide analysis of user statistics
- Relevant higher education preferably in online communications
- Web development and production skills and ability
- Substantial editorial experience gained in an online media or journalism environment
- A strong knowledge of current and developing platforms, technologies and tools used in communication
- Excellent IT and web publishing skills, and experience of digital content management and production software
- Understanding of Kenya, Kenyan governance issues, Kenyan media and the role of media and communications in development
Closing date for applications is 27th May 2012. Start date for all positions is July 2012.
All positions require fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
The position comes with excellent terms and conditions on a local BBC contract.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the specifications should send a CV and a covering letter outlining role suitability and/or their motivation. Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:03am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:03am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:03am
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:03am