East Africa Youth Venture Intern1
- Company: Ashoka
- Deadline: Thursday 28th April 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Interested in social entrepreneurship?
Ashoka, the world's leading social entrepreneurship network, is seeking an entrepreneurial business development associate to help build Youth Venture East Africa, an initiative to mobilize and support youths in leading social change in their communities. You will be coordinating outreach with youth organizations, researching youth issues across East Africa, and developing business development material.
This position requires a person who is self-driven and very comfortable engaging with community leaders and youths across Nairobi. The Youth Venture Intern will gain substantive, hands-on field experience in East Africa citizen sectors, youth engagement, and program development. This position is unpaid. Internship length is 3 months minimum. Start date ASAP.
- Extremely strong time-management and interpersonal skills required
- Self-starter; ability to execute projects with minimum supervision
- Previous field experience with youths or community organizing
- Entrepreneurial track record - comfortable with finding creative solutions to barriers, proactively seeking business opportunities
- Analytical research skills
- Marketing experience is a plus
- English and Swahili fluency
- 1-2 years work experience highly preferable
How to apply
- Please submit a CV highlighting your work experience and any extracurricular activities where you've demonstrated leadership and/or involvement to tackling social issues.
- Submit a cover letter which answers these two questions:
- Have you built and sustained innovative solutions for social change in your school/community/workplace?
- What is your vision for change for a social challenge that you're passionate about?
Submit your CV and cover with subject heading "Youth Venture Internship" to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will follow up with a shortlist of candidates for an in-person interview.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm