IT / IS Assistant1
- Company: ActionAid International
- Deadline: Friday 25th May 2012
- Location: Nairobi
ActionAid International Kenya (AAIK) is a member of ActionAid Federation; ActionAid works in more than 40 countries all over the world, in the places where we can make the biggest impact. We tackle poverty and denial of human rights at the local level, and we challenge the causes behind them locally, nationally and globally. In Kenya AAIK works in solidarity with women and people living in poverty and exclusion; connecting their voices, sharing ideas, spreading inspiration, campaigning, advocating and formulating public policy to eradicate poverty and ensure social justice. We are present in at least 16 counties across Kenya and link key international, national and local institutions in favour of the right holders.
We therefore seek to recruit dynamic and innovative person to fill the following vacancy at respective location.
IT / IS ASSISTANT
Functional Unit: HROD & Administration
Reporting to: IT/IS Manager
Internally: All AAIK staff, Nairobi IS Hub staff
Externally: Partner Organizations, ICT Service providers, AAI IT Team
Main Purpose and Scope
To effectively and efficiently support IT services of AAIK and its staff to meet the required demands/services.
- To support the IT Officer in the daily running of AAIK IT helpdesk and to ensure that helpdesk requests are resolved within agreed time period.
- To work closely with the IT Officer to escalate any IT requests from AAIK and make necessary follow‐ups to ensure that the requests are attended to in timely manner as stipulated on the Service Level Agreements with International Helpdesk.
- To monitor and report connectivity utilization of the AAIK office on daily basis as well as report any outages on our international connectivity to the Data centers in London
- To Ensure anti‐virus updates are up to date at the AAIK servers, desktops and laptops of all staff within the office
- Support the network infrastructure in the office both cable and wireless and where necessary carry out the necessary maintenance and upgrades in conjunction with IT Officer.
- Work closely with IT Officer to support the Local and Wide Area Network linking AAIK centre office to regional offices and other ActionAid country offices.
- To ensure that all International systems (E‐mails, TM1, Sun, Hive etc) are accessible at all times to all staff and report any outage to IT Officer and Manager.
- Trouble shoot hardware and software problems and have them resolved within stipulated time frames.
- Ensure all Desktops and laptops are set to synchronize data to the server to minimize any loss of data
- Assist all visiting AAI staff and partners in need of IT support within the office.
- Provide emergency call services for any staff working off hours and weekends if need be.
- As part of the IT team participate in pursuing the implementation of the CSP
- Prepare and share timely and accurate documentation of lessons learnt to promote best practise.
- Work towards increased levels of transparency and Accountability.
- Analytical skills,
- Performance management,
- Documentation, information management and reporting,
- Stakeholder management,
- Negotiating; influencing; persuasiveness; planning and organizing; problem analysis; oral communication; written communication; results orientation; self‐development; team‐player; pro‐activeness; creativity; gender sensitive; group leadership; listening; judgement; coaching.
- Organisational learning and capacity development
Job Requirements (Knowledge / Skills Competencies)
- University degree in IT; (or equivalent qualification and at least three years working experience)
- Microsoft Certification in server and e‐mail administration is desirable
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005/8 database management is desirable
- At least one year experiences in working as Microsoft Sever/ Network administrator
- Knowledge of hardware and is able to solve simple hardware problems is desirable;
- Knowledge of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc. is essential;
- Good interpersonal skill;
- Good Language skill in both English and Local languages;
- Knowledge of Window 2003/8 server, Citrix, XP/windows 7 pro and Exchange 2007/10 administration, VMware is essential.
- Knowledge of Sun accounting systems, trouble shooting as well as TM1 carries an added advantage.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team;
- Prior knowledge of wireless networks and IP Telephony preferably on Mitel Platform is desirable
- Knowledge of Cisco router and switch configuration and Cisco certification is desirable
This Position Profile will be updated at regular intervals to reflect changing work practices or priorities and especially following performance reviews.
You must be willing to reside in the designated station.
How to apply
Kindly send a detailed CV to the email address email@example.com
Closing date: 25 May 2012
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer.
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm