- Company: BBC
- Deadline: Sunday 27th May 2012
- Location: Nairobi
The BBC Swahili Service is part of BBC Africa and we broadcast to around 20 million listeners in Eastern and Central Africa. BBC Swahili is producing a series of TV and radio debates around the Kenyan elections complimented by an integrated Web / social media platform and training to our broadcast partners. We seek to fill the following positions with qualified Kenyans, to be based in Nairobi, with frequent travel to various locations in Kenya.
(Full time, fixed term contract, 8 months)
Provide expert technical support in the development and monitoring of websites and social media, the coding and publishing of approved content in various formats and use of and integration of data feeds from SMS and other sources with online channels
- Bachelors degree preferably in computer programming, multimedia or other relevant educational background
- A strong knowledge of developing platforms, technologies and tools, coupled with an understanding of how they can be used to communicate
- Excellent IT and web publishing skills, and experience of digital content management and production software and integration data feeds from 3rd party sources to websites (i.e. SMS, database, etc.)
- Experience with various forms of media, such as, video and audio editing, web design, information architecture, graphic arts and animation, scriptwriting and interactive media
Closing date for applications is 27th May 2012. Start date for all positions is July 2012.
All positions require fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
The position comes with excellent terms and conditions on a local BBC contract.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the specifications should send a CV and a covering letter outlining role suitability and/or their motivation.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Wireless Wednesday - How to use mobile technology to improve education outcomes... Wednesday 6th August 2014 12:00pm
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am