ICT Systems Administrator1
- Company: Base Resources Ltd
- Deadline: Thursday 24th May 2012
- Location: Kwale
Base Titanium Limited, the Kenyan subsidiary of the Australian company, Base Resources Limited, is developing the globally significant Kwale Mineral Sands Project about 50km south of Mombasa. The project is now funded and construction commenced in the 3rd quarter of 2011. Production is scheduled to start during the second half of 2013. Base is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya since 1911 and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project.
Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for provision, management and maintenance of the entire ICT including infrastructure servers and communication.
Key accountabilities include:
- Infrastructure monitoring.
- Server administration.
- Network administration.
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
- Have 3 continuous years’ experience in a windows environment.
- Certification in windows servers.
- SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of network topologies.
- Experience in telecommunications an added advantage.
- Knowledge of business functions.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a challenging environment with a multinational workforce with minimal supervision and high ethical standards.
- Windows server operating system.
- Routing Algorithms.
- Wireless Infrastructure.
- Network Applications (DNS, WINS, SMTP,FTP, File and Printer server)
- Programming skills.
How to apply
Eligible applicants must submit a Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter, copies of qualifications and three traceable references for the attention of the Human Resources Manager, clearly marked “Application IT Systems Administrator position” to:
Applications must be received on or before 24th May 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm