Business Systems Analyst1
- Company: PZ CUSSONS EA LTD
- Deadline: Thursday 31st May 2012
- Location: NAIROBI
- Promote the use of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and concepts across the organization
- Work with user community to understand business process challenges and identify solution opportunities within Business Intelligence area.
- Provide support and expertise to the user community within BIA to assist them to better utilize BI tools and content.
- Work with business users to gather requirements, conduct analysis and prioritize requests.
- Translate user requirements into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Contribute to and support the organization’s Business Intelligence strategy
Data Warehouse Design and Development
- Development and implementation of tactical and strategic data warehousing solutions
- Work with internal resources during development phases to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer;
- Develop, implement and maintain test strategies and plans
BI Application Design and Development
- Design and implement multi-dimensional models, including the construction of Data View, Dimensions, and Cubes while adhering to enforced development methodologies.
- Design and implement reporting applications including (but not limited to) BI dashboards, reporting cubes and static reports.
- Convert existing reporting tools to a standardized reporting infrastructure using SQL and Microsoft products.
- Design and implement required interfaces for the data warehouse including to BI tools and other applications used by the business
- Day to day management and administration of the enterprise wide Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solution.
- Design and implement the data loading (ETL) and publishing processes within the DW/BI environment
- Provide business and technical knowledge and expertise on the Organisation’s core source systems with emphasis on sourcing of data
- Participate in data governance for the Organisation’s core source systems to ensure reporting requirements can be met
Data Standards & Governance
- Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information use, security, access and governance.
- Identify data quality issues and support the data governance initiative by participating in necessary activities including data profiling.
- Ensure a focus on information/data quality by developing and publishing enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation rules and related enterprise consistency specifications
- Ensure the development and documentation of business and technical meta data
- Assist in the development of database and development standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Three (3) years experience in BI development
- Good analytical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
must have strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 including.
- SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Must Have Experience in ERP and Linux Environments
Experienced in developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, and scorecards) using Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, and MDX in a data warehousing environment is an advantage.
Experience in the design and implementation of ETL processes;
Experience developing and running MDX queries
Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
Advanced knowledge of and OLAP technologies and dimensional modelling, including applicability to various reporting problems
Knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous:
- BI Tools including ProClarity, MS Performance Point and SPSS Clementine
- MS Visual Studio
- MS SharePoint
- TM1 Cognos
- Data Warehousing methodologies e.g. Kimball ;
How to apply
send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am