East Africa Marketing Intern1
- Company: Ashoka
- Deadline: Thursday 28th April 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Interested in social entrepreneurship?
Ashoka, the world's leading social entrepreneurship network, is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and highly skilled marketing associate to work with the Nairobi team on major East Africa initiatives. You will be required to develop marketing material, help organize round-tables among citizen sector experts, build and manage Ashoka’s online presence and Fellowship communications, and creatively and strategically add to our array of publications and design templates.
The Marketing Intern will gain substantive, hands-on experience in East Africa citizen sectors, leading social entrepreneur networks, and working in a social start-up setting. This position is unpaid. Internship length is 3 months minimum. Start date ASAP.
- Graphic design skills required (experience using Photoshop and InDesign)
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills required
- Self-starter; ability to execute projects with minimum supervision
- Web design skills and experience highly desirable
- Previous project management and research experience
- Strong entrepreneurial track record
- English and Swahili fluency
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs—men and women with system changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, we have elected over 2,500 leading social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support, and access to a global network of peers in 70 countries
How to apply
- Please submit a CV highlighting your work experience and any extracurricular activities where you've demonstrated leadership and/or involvement to tackling social issues.
- Submit a cover letter which answers these two questions:
- Have you built and sustained innovative solutions for social change in your school/community/workplace?
- What is your vision for change for a social challenge that you're passionate about?
Submit your CV and cover with subject heading "Market Internship" to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will follow up with a shortlist of candidates for an in-person interview.
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm
- Quality Assurance workshop... Wednesday 24th September 2014 2:00pm
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm