Community Support Manager1
- Company: FrontlineSMS
- Deadline: Saturday 12th May 2012
- Location: Nairobi
This is a critical role within the FrontlineSMS Foundation team, reporting to the CEO and based in our friendly, buzzing Kenyan office in Kilimani, Nairobi. The Community Support Manager will help to develop and maintain the vibrant FrontlineSMS user community, develop user resources, analyze user data, and channel information and user case studies to other parts of the organization and our sister Community Interest Company. They will also play an important role in maintaining our website and social media communications, and support the CEO with administrative work in the Nairobi office, as required.
Community support responsibilities (70%)
- Providing effective and swift free support to FrontlineSMS users via our online support forum, and channelling more technical queries to the software developer team
- Identify and channel user interest to the most appropriate member of our team
- Providing the rest of the FrontlineSMS team with timely and effective analysis of our user data, including download information, trends on the forum, and other inputs, and channeling strong use cases to the most relevant team member
- Coordinate the production of user guest posts and case studies, in conjunction with otherteam members where appropriate
- Planning and coordinating the production, with other team members, of thematic and task-oriented user resources
- Coordinating delivery of timely, engaging social media interaction and content on FrontlineSMS, including Twitter, Facebook, and the FrontlineSMS blog and newsletter, in conjunction with other members of the team
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of static and dynamic website content
- Supporting FrontlineSMS outreach and media engagement, and tracking mentions of FrontlineSMS in the media
- Managing interns and volunteers, as required.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the CEO.
- Uphold and embody FrontlineSMS values.
Responsibilities - Administrative (30%)
- Accountable for creating and delivering effective and appropriate systems for administering staff information within the Foundation, including annual leave and absence tracking
- Accountable for all aspects of preparation for Foundation recruitment as directed by the appropriate manager, including placing adverts, date-setting and communication on interviews etc.
- Accountable for ensuring that general enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently and that FrontlineSMS is viewed as a warm and welcoming place.
- Coordinating travel arrangements as requested.
- Accountable for managing the team diary and organizing events as requested
- Accountable for ensuring the timely and efficient provision of all office supplies / team requirements.
- Administrative support to the Foundation Board including paper work for new members, minutes and agendas.
Experience of data analysis and presentation
- High level of computer literacy, including experience of and personal investment in social media including writing long- and short-form web content
- Demonstrated interest in international development, aid, human rights or environmental issues. A relevant undergraduate degree would be an advantage.
- Strong administration skills; accurate, organized and punctual
- Enjoys working within a team and secure relevant information from staff in an efficient and pleasant manner.
- Ability to juggle a complex workload and prioritize duties
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines without continual prompting or support.
- Ability to absorb information and learn new skills quickly
- Proven ability to work with colleagues who work remotely, primarily using email, phone and social media.
- Flexible and open-minded approach with a willingness to get stuck in with whatever needs doing at this small, dynamic organization
- Previous experience of not for profit organizations or development work
- Previous experience of working in a technology company
- A passion, interest or experience of mobile technology
How to apply
To apply for this role please email your CV (which must include two references – one of which must be from the most recent employer, or the most recent employer that you are comfortable with us contacting) and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm